Friday, March 23, 2012

Tom Robinson

Author's Note: This is a piece from the perspective of Tom Robinson from To Kill a Mockingbird. 


I do what I'm am told to do, that's the way I was raised. So when young miss Mayella wanted my help, I obliged. I felt sorry for the lady, she didn't seem to have any friends. She was always alone when I passed by her house, with no help to do all those chores that needed to be done. So when I passed by her house this morning, she wanted my help as usual, and she invited me into her home to fix her door. I intended to do so, but the door seemed fine to me, so I got to wondering what was going on. She took me into the bedroom, and wanted me to get something down, and I tried, and the next thing I knew her arms were around me, babblin about something, and I tried to run but I didn't want to hurt the poor woman. I started to panic, not quite sure what was happening, when I saw Mr. Ewell in the window, and heard young miss Mayella scream. I booked it, not wanting to stay around any longer. Poor old Mayella, she'll probably in some hot water with her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment