Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Narwhal Christmas

 Author's Note: The purpose of this piece was to inform people of my Christmas. It isn't really good,  actually it's pretty bad. It's just kind of random but it's funny so read it and don't fight the awesomeness, embrace it.

I woke from my deep slumber, and was at once wide awake. 'Twas Christmas morning, and the new snow glittered magically as I looked out my window. I ran down the stairs, and took in all the presents that sat under the tree. One of them caught my eye. There was a big tank of water, with a floating ball of wrapping paper. The paper was in the shape of a giant fish, except there was a horn on the front. Oh, well, I would find out what it was soon enough.

That was the first present I chose to open. I plunged my hands into the tank, and tore off the wrapping paper. When I was done, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a Narwhal! The only name that seemed fitting jumped to my mind as I instantly proclaimed his name as…. Rainbow! Rainbow became my new best friend. He lived in our swimming pool in our backyard. He was about 25 feet long, counting his horn.

One day, we decided to go on an adventure. We were bored of our boring lives of doing nothing but playing video games all day. So we went to find the legendary Bacon Mountain. But first I had to train him to fly, because there was no way to travel by water all the way to Bacon Mountain. We started with basic jumping drills, getting him out of the water. Then we built up the strength of his tail so he could propel himself through the air. After hours of training, we finally got him to fly.

So one day, I packed up a lunch for both of us, a peanut butter sandwich for me and marmalade for the narwhal. Then we took off. We soared through the air at ten thousand feet, keeping a sharp eye out for Bacon Mountain. Then, Rainbow spotted it. He dove sharply downward, and I held on for dear life. He evened out his flight path as we neared bacon mountain. I threw a lasso around it and hooked it, and we flew back home.

Back home, we munched on the wonderful tasting bacon. But little did we know the Bacon Mountain was property of the US government. The FBI had security cameras placed around the mountain, and they caught us stealing it on camera. Luckily, my face was hidden from view, so they only pegged Rainbow. He because number one on the FBI's most wanted list. He was now a fugitive from the law.

Rainbow had to start his life of crime, running from the law. He put a ski mask over his face, and grabbed his belongings and a supply of marmalade. We said our goodbyes, and he flew off into the sunset. He said he would try to visit every now and then, but I was still sad. As I watched him fly off, a tear trickled down my 
 cheek. 

Rainbow's wanted poster


5 comments:

  1. That was a very...interesting? creative story. I liked how you described Rainbow and your boring lives. I think that you drifted a little towards the middle, but it is definitely a story I will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what inspired you to write about narwhals, but this piece was very interesting. You described Christmas morning scene very well, but I believe the rest of the story lacked detail. Also I found the end quite random.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, but like everyone else said, it is random. I suppose that's what makes it funny. I really don't like Bacon, to be honest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @EmmaC: why not? It's delicious!

    I had to check this out after everyone was talking about it in LA...I thought your story was really....creative. I like how you couldn't guess that you're present was a narwhal, even though it was a giant swimming present with a horn. This was a truly weird story, but it still made me laugh. And also, the narwhal part of the poster looks like a golf club wrapped in a taco shell with a candy cane sticking out of it. But it was still really cool.

    ReplyDelete